How do I navigate around the Bible using the app?
- To find the book, chapter and verse you wish to read, tap the centre of the top toolbar to access a list of Bible books. Scroll through to find your book, then use the first column of numbers to select the chapter and the second column to find the verse. Tap the ‘Read’ button to go there.
- Alternatively, open the main menu to find the Quick Verse Selector. Tap through to select the chapter and verse.
- There are arrows at the bottom of the screen pointing left and right. Tap these to jump quickly between chapters and books.
Can I share Bible verses?
- If you wish to share a verse, tap a verse and select ‘share’ from the menu that appears. Then select the medium you wish to use, e.g. SMS (text), email, Facebook, Twitter or other social media platform.
Is there a ‘Search’ function?
- Tap the search icon at the top left of the reading view.
How do I change the text size?
- In the Settings menu, tap on the ‘A’ symbols, you can increase or decrease the text size to make reading more comfortable.
How do I turn on dark/night mode?
- In the Settings menu, choose night mode to turn the background black and the text white.
How do I play the audio?
- Simply tap on a verse to bring up the menu. Select either ‘Play verse’ or ‘Play from here’ depending on which you prefer. To stop listening, just tap the pause button that appears in the middle of the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
I can’t hear the audio on my iPad. What can I do?
- Sometimes the audio mute get’s reset. On an iPad the mute setting (when switched on) can sometimes mute audio in some apps and not others. The audio toggle is in control centre (to view control centre swipe up from the bottom of the screen), toggle the mute setting and check the app again.
How do I use the notes and bookmarks feature?
- Tap on a verse to bring up the menu, you can bookmark a verse from here, or you can add a note. To view your notes and bookmarks tap the top right icon showing two pages. This will show 3 options, the last of these is ‘Notes and Bookmarks’. Tap this and you’ll be able to browse and edit your entries.
How can I access Study Guides and Commentaries
- You’ll need to subscribe to view the Study Guides and Commentaries, to do this go to the main menu (top left icon). Select the ‘Buy now’ orange button and choose the subscription that’s right for you (1 month or 12 months). Once subscribed you can view this content in the right hand panel.