This was the updated version of the Reflections for Lent app with reflections for 2018. See main Reflections app for all year round reflections!
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Customer ratings: ( ratings)
Category: Books, Reference
"a classic: unpretentious, spiritual and thoughtful" Church Times
Reflections for Lent offers a simple way to make space for Bible study and reflection from Ash Wednesday (14 February 2018) to Easter Saturday (31 March 2018). This standalone app provides a chance to try the readings from best-selling Reflections for Daily Prayer app for the season of Lent.
Each day (excluding Sundays) it provides daily Bible readings, a reflection by a leading author, and a prayer for the day.
** Please note this initial free download contains a single sample reflection for Ash Wednesday. An in-app purchase is required to unlock all 40 Lenten reflections. **
Christians have used the season of penitence we call Lent to prepare for Jesus' suffering, death and resurrection at Easter. In Lent it is traditional to fast, pray and practice self-denial. But keeping Lent also involves taking up things that help us focus on God.
In particular, Christians are encouraged to set aside time for reading and meditating on God's word. Reflections for Lent can help you find a time and space to do this - on the move, at work or at home.
For each of the forty days of Lent, the app gives you:
- A reflection on a Bible reading
- A Collect (prayer)
- Option to read the day's reflection within a 'Simple Morning Prayer' format
- Full lectionary details for Morning Prayer from Common Worship
- An introduction to Lent by Christopher Herbert
- Tips on praying daily from Rachel Treweek and on reading the Bible from Stephen Cottrell
- An Order for Night Prayer (Compline)
The daily reflections are written by leading authors Gillian Cooper, Martyn Percy, Jane Williams and Jeremy Worthen.
Other features of this app:
- Browse reflections by date, author and Bible reading
- Bookmark your favourite daily entries for easy reference
- See reflections for the week ahead
- Follow Bible reference links to the online Oremus Bible Browser (NRSV) - no need for a separate Bible app
The Reflections for Lent app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit http://www.dailyprayer.org.uk or http://www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at http://aimermedia.com/chp-tos/
Of course, the practice of daily prayer and Bible reading is one many people aim to keep beyond Lent. If you enjoy using this Reflections for Lent app, you can access same high-quality content all year round with the Reflections for Daily Prayer app.
What's new in Version 1.1.2
- Fixed timezone bug
Size: 23.77 MB