Which endangered species are most under threat, this easy to use reference title focuses on 365 species on the edge.
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Customer ratings: ( ratings)
Category: Reference, Travel
A unique guide to 365 species on the Red List, the most widely recognised list of threatened and endangered species, compiled by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
The Species on the Edge app allows you to browse and learn about threatened and endangered species from around the world.
Selected by a group of experts at the IUCN this list profiles a wide variety of species from the official list of threatened animal, fungi and plant. App features include:
• Profiles of a wide variety of species from the official list of threatened plants and animals
• Classification of species by IUCN Red List Categories
• Stunning photographs and location map for each species
• Authoritative descriptive text
• Ability to bookmark your favourite species
• Shared any entry on Facebook, Twitter or by email
Each of the species profiled is on the official IUCN Red List of Threatened Species™.
Animals and plants of all shapes and sizes are included. Amongst others, find out:
• What conservation methods are helping the Blue-throated Macaw
• Where the Pinta Island Tortoise once roamed
• What efforts are being done to help the 47 remaining Floreana Mockingbirds
• The reasons behind the dramatic lose of the Globosa Mangrove
• Why the Javan Rhino is the world’s most endangered mammal
What's new in Version 1.0
Size: 68.82 MB