In this app you get to hear Grayson Perry’s own reflections and much more as you explore his extraordinary six tapestries, The Vanity of Small Differences.
Shortlisted for the Futurebook Innovation Awards
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Customer ratings: (21 ratings)
Category: Reference, Education
View Turner Prize and BAFTA-winner Grayson Perry's six tapestries 'The Vanity of Small Differences' up-close. Featuring commentary from the artist, art historical references and a guide to the 'making of' the works.
Through the six tapestries, Grayson Perry explores his fascination with taste and the British class system. The artist goes on a safari amongst the taste tribes of Britain, to gather inspiration for his artworks, literally weaving the characters he meets into a narrative, inspired by William Hogarth's 'A Rake's Progress'.
The app features:
- Grayson Perry commentry for each of the tapestries.
- Art historical references and illustrations.
- A chance to see the tapestries up close.
- An essay on the making of the works.
- Links to the television series
What's new in Version 1.1
- Additional navigation buttons for going back from images and when zoomed into tapestries
- List of venues for touring exhibition added
- Amendments to copy and fixed links
Size: 226.02 MB